Re: Forcing alignment + altering textbox length for fields?

On Sat, 2009-07-25 at 15:44 +1000, Patrick Chan wrote:
Hi all,

Currently, I have the database in the Details, Layout section.
It has a couple of fields for people to put in their personal
particular details, telephone and other information

When I type in text in the Text field, text typed in is left aligned.
When I type in numbers in the Number field however, numbers typed in
are right aligned,

Yes, because this is generally the correct way to display these. I
believe that spreadsheets generally use the same defaults.

But if you need to override these defaults, I guess we can add an option
in the field formatting. Could you file a bug about that, please?

 and also the length for the Number field/box is
only around half that of the Text field.

Yes. We try not to waste space. And I think the different size is a
useful visual cue that it's a different kind of field.

But we could add a "use same width for all fields" option if it bothers
you. Could you file a bug about that, please?

I don't consider these to be very high priority personally, but I would
accept patches and my company, Openismus, does paid development work on
Glom.

Is there a way to:
1. Let numbers be left-aligned?
2. Set the length of Number fields to be the same as the Text fields?
(as in, set  width of Text/number boxes to be the same)