Forcing alignment + altering textbox length for fields?

Hi all,

Currently, I have the database in the Details, Layout section.
It has a couple of fields for people to put in their personal
particular details, telephone and other information

When I type in text in the Text field, text typed in is left aligned.
When I type in numbers in the Number field however, numbers typed in
are right aligned, and also the length for the Number field/box is
only around half that of the Text field.

Is there a way to:
1. Let numbers be left-aligned?
2. Set the length of Number fields to be the same as the Text fields?
(as in, set  width of Text/number boxes to be the same)

Thank you,
Patrick