Re: How to deal with a phone number field ?

On Wed, 2009-01-21 at 17:53 +0100, Murray Cumming wrote:
 (to avoid typos and
future incompatabilities)  field. Unfortunately, when I input phone
numbers like '12345678' it is converted to '1.23457e+07'.

That's not nice regardless of whether it's for a phone number, so I'll
investigate. Please open a bug if I forget.

Please do that in future. I almost forgot.

This is fixed in svn, so it will be fixed in the next 1.8.x and 1.9.x
versions, at least for 15 digits or less. In the meantime for older
versions of Glom, you may avoid the problem by setting that field to
display 0 decimal points in the field formatting.

Of course, phone numbers should still really be text fields anyway.

--
Murray Cumming