Todays date in a field?

Hey,

Another little niggle I'm working on.  I've added a "notes"t table and
want it to have a date "created" field, which defaults to today.  I've
tried setting "calculate value" on the field, and setting it to:

import datetime

return datetime.date.today()

But when I hit the "test" button, glom crashes.  Is this something that
people do?

Cheers!

--
Andrew Ruthven, Wellington, New Zealand
At home: andrew etc gen nz |          linux.conf.au 2010