Re: Glom Windows Installer 2

On Tue, 2008-02-26 at 10:23 -0700, Justin Findlay wrote:
Sorry I haven't had much time to work on this lately.  I downloaded
your new version but now I'm getting a new error:

Child command failed

The command was:

'C:\Program Files\Glom\bin\postgres.exe' -D "C:\Documents and
Settings\tia\test\glom_postgres_data\data"  -p 5433 -h "*"  -c
hba_file="C:\Documents and
Settings\tia\test\glom_postgres_data/config/pg_hba.conf" -c
ident_file="C:\Documents and
Settings\tia\test\glom_postgres_data/config/pg_ident.conf" -k
"C:\Documents and Settings\tia\test\glom_postgres_data"
--external_pid_file="C:\Documents and
Settings\tia\test\glom_postgres_data/pid"

Execution of PostgreSQL by a user with administrative permissions is not
permitted.
The server must be started under an unprivileged user ID to prevent
possible system security compromises.  See the documentation for
more information on how to properly start the server.

I guess I can try with a user of non administrative privileges.

(CCing glom-devel-list)

That's normal. postgres does not start under a privileged user account.
I know it is not as usual to work as a non-privileged user on Windows as
it is on Unix, but I don't see a way to work around this, and I'm not
sure either whether it would be a good idea.

Justin