Re: Some questions about drag-and-drop

On Thu, 2008-04-17 at 16:21 +0200, Johannes Schmid wrote:
Hi!

I have some general question about the layout first:

1. It's possible to add an image object through the layout dialog but it
does not really seem to work. As far as I understood an image is always
connected to a database field so adding an image without database
connection does not seem very useful. This feature is therefore
currently not available through drag and drop.

The image object is like the text object - the same image (or text)
appears on each record. For instance, I might want to put my company
logo somewhere on the screen.

2. What are Portals? And is there any need to support them through
drag-and-drop? Same goes for Relations.

Portals are just another name for Related Records Lists.

Now, in the bug report you mentioned that you want to be able to drag
items around in the layout. Should this only work inside the same group
or also accross groups?

Across groups, ideally.