Re: Report sorted

On Sun, 2007-10-21 at 00:24 +0200, Federico Munerotto wrote:
I fill dumb: a very simple issue (I can't believe there isn't it, but I
can't find it)!

How can I generate a report sorted by a field?

The equivalent of
SELECT * FROM brands ORDER BY name ASC

For a simple list, you can view the list for that table, sort by the
field (click the column header) and then just choose print from the file
menu.

For a custom report, you can specify sort fields for the Group By item
(sorting inside the group).

There doesn't seem to be a way to sort the records on a report if you
are not using a Group By item, or  way to sort those groups. I'll think
about how to improve that, though I am generally thinking of replacing
the report editor with something more intuitive.