Re: Web UI

Hi, i do a web app with glom, it's quite simple.

I did't with cakephp [cakephp.org], you just have to change the lib to
access the database to use postgresql. Then make an user to access the
database, i create a user with just read permissions and the user to
modified the database have just access from localhost. All this was
for an intranet to exchange user profiles for an academic institution,
everything work just fine and quite fast. The server was an old PIII
with 256 Ram, Apache2, Postgres + PHP5, with Ubuntu Server.

It's a little bit hard to me to apply the database estructure to make
the views for php, but i just code the a list, details and print
controller. I would post the Code on the list.

Regards from Bolivia.

2007/5/7, Murray Cumming <murrayc murrayc com>:
On Sun, 2007-05-06 at 16:08 -0300, Estêvão Samuel Procópio wrote:
> Hi, all...
>
> I'm new in this list... I installed glom today (didn't know about it
> before) and I liked it... I was planning to do some apps like audio
> and video catalogs, and glom will help a lot. I wanted this apps to
> have an web ui and I saw that glom aims that too. I searched the
> archive, but didn't find any discussion about the Web UI... is there
> anyone playing arroung with it? If yes, I can help! If no, I wanna let
> you know that I'll try to implement this. And any help is apreciated!
> :]

I don't think any body is working on this. I'll happily help with
questions about Glom, but I don't have much knowledge of up-to-date web
programming.

--
Murray Cumming