Re: Glom's Edit, compile, debug cycle

On Wed, 2006-11-01 at 10:18 +0100, Murray Cumming wrote:
On Wed, 2006-11-01 at 19:36 +1030, Craig Keogh wrote:
Hiyas,

I have built glom using jhbuild.

I make some changes to connectionpool.cc
I run make, it compiles connectionpool.cc, and then links.

Now if I run glom/.libs/glom using a debugger. My changes aren't
present. Even though glom/.libs/glom timestamp has been updated.

If I run the bash script, glom/glom it re-links (why?), and then my
changes are present. But I can't feed a bash script to the debugger.

How does one edit, compile, debug glom?
I really don't want to make install after every change.

I usually debug .libs/lt-whatever. I've never had this problem with
that.

Ok. Starting to understand. I should be debugging .libs/lt-glom rather
than .libs/glom.

.libs/lt-glom will use libglom.so from the development area (good).
.libs/glom will use the libglom.so from the install area (bad).

Now, the problem is when I run 'make', .libs/lt-glom gets deleted.
How do I get make to build .libs/lt-glom rather than .libs/glom?

--
Craig Keogh