Re: Compiling Glom on FC5?

Hi Murray,

On Thu, 2006-03-23 at 10:32 +0100, Murray Cumming wrote:
On Thu, 2006-03-23 at 02:17 -0500, Peter Williams wrote:
*) I need libgdamm > 1.3.7. The Glom Download page makes it look like
this should just come with gtkmm but this doesn't appear to be the case,
at least in the FC5 packages.

No, it is a separate package. I don't see how the page suggests that it
is.

The link for 'libgdamm 2' takes you to gtkmm.org, which implied to me
that I just needed to have gtkmm installed.

No, libgdamm-2.0 needs libgda 1.2.2. What makes you think that it needs
libgda 1.9? Are you using tarballs or cvs? If you are using cvs, you
might be using the wrong branch.

Yeah, I was using CVS HEAD. Cool, I'll get the right branch and go from
there.

 So close!
I tried just editing the configure check, but got a compile error;

In general, this is a mistake.

I know, I know, but it never hurts to try ...

Thanks for the help,

Peter

--
Peter Williams / peter newton cx