Re: Cannot connect to postgresql server

On Mon, 2006-04-03 at 17:48 +0200, Martin Klaffenboeck wrote:
Hi there!

I don't know why, but I cannot connect to postgresql server.  The
postgres is running on the correct port on localhost.  The user exists,
and can connect from a gnome-terminal via psql.

psql does not use TCP/IP connections. Maybe this is not enabled on your
postgres server.

How can I get debugging information?

It only says that the postgres driver is not available.

"driver"? Do you see an actual error message somewhere?

  Does glom use
libgnomedb?

It uses libgda, which libgnomedb also uses.

 It seems that this does not have a postgres on gentoo.  Is
it that?  Or am I at the wrong place?

How can I get postgres support?

You might indeed need to install the postgres part of libgda, or maybe
you just need to install libpq before installing libgda, because gentoo
actually builds from source, which leads to this kind of problem.

--
Murray Cumming