Re: ANNOUNCE: Glom 0.8.37

On Tue, 2005-07-26 at 10:14, Murray Cumming wrote:
On Tue, 2005-07-26 at 09:34 -0500, Greg Breland wrote:
On Tue, 2005-07-26 at 07:04, Murray Cumming wrote:

1) Would you consider using a hyper-link instead of the open button to
navigate record relationships?  Basically style the text in ID fields
look like hyper-links (blue and underlined) and on click open the
specified record.  I work with several apps that use this method and
users take to it like ducks to water as far as knowing what will
happen
when they click the field.

It seems a little odd, but it is more compact. A patch would be welcome.

Should be a simple patch, just some text styling, cursor change and the
same nav. code from your button. If I can only get a dev environment
setup we'll be in business.  I haven't had any luck on my main FC2 box,
I got to the point that an automake upgrade was required by gtkmm and
decided I would be better off setting FC4 up on another box.

jhbuild should give you everything you need.

Here is a quick screen shot of an existing program using this style of
relationship navigation.  http://65.7.254.152/relationship_link.png

I'm trying to implement that right now. For small numbers of related
records, there's already the choces drop down.

Yeah, the drop down won't scale, especially since there doesn't seem to
be a non-hacked way to populate the drop down on activate last I
looked.  Your better off using a separate window for the list as you
will also need a simple search field eventually.  I mean technically a
combo IS a listview so they should both scale the same, but even with a
multi-column combo it still just doesn't work well enough.

Murray Cumming