Re: Trouble Connecting to Postgres

On Mon, 2004-12-13 at 21:17 +0100, Murray Cumming wrote:
On Wed, 2004-12-08 at 23:21 -0500, David Nusinow wrote:
[snip]
 and such so that I can understand exactly
what's going on. This is definitely happening with both 0.8.9 and 0.8.10. This
is on Debian sid as well, using the most up to date libgda, libgdamm, and
libbakery available in tarball form. If you've got any tips on debugging this
further, it'd be much appreciated. Thanks!

It would be a good idea to open a bugzilla report, and enter exact
details about your distro and the versions of glom and its dependencies
that you are using. It's working for me in debian unstable and Fedora
Core 3.

Actually, I was wrong about Fedora Core 3. I actually had it working on
Fedora Core 3, but I can't get any libgda connections to work on Fedora
Core 3 yet.

On debian unstable and Fedora Core 2 I had to enable TCP connections (I
think that the psql command-line tool uses UNIX sockets.). Although I
haven't got it working on FC3 yet, I have made notes of the things I
think should make it work. Try the tcp_socket thing before anything
else:
http://cvs.gnome.org/viewcvs/glom/docs/postgres_setup.txt?view=markup

Eventually, I hope that we will be able to tell people exactly what to
do to make postgres work on their distro, and then encourage the distros
to have good defaults, and not to be different.

--
Murray Cumming