[glade--] Re: glademm on Fedora Core 4

Silviu D Minut schrieb:
> I was wondering if you can help me compile the latest cvs glademm on
> FC4. The ./configure script is looking for some older gnomemm/gtkmm
> libraries, and the ones that I have on the system are the latest stable.

I'd vote to simply ignore the tests. They are only needed to provide
reasonable compiled in defaults in case glademm does not find the
libraries at runtime.

> I don't know if it's only a matter of changing the configure scripts, or
> changing the glademm code to compile against the new libraries. I'd be
> willing to do both, but I need a little directions.

Unless you want to fix (or even maintain) the gnome-2 part of glademm,
I'd suggest that you take a different route than using it. ["Stay away,
it is covered in layers of dust"] Nobody has _used_ the gnome part since
gnome 1.2, I tried to make it compile and generate reasonably well
looking code, I never ever used it.