[glade--] compilation problems of glademm on Fedora Core 4

I'm trying to compile the latest cvs glademm on Fedora Core 4, and
eventually make an rpm, and I'm getting the errors below. It's looking for
libraries older than the ones I have on the system. This is what I have:

8) amadeus:~> rpm -qa | egrep "(gnome|gtk|glade|bonobo).*mm" | sort
gnome-vfsmm26-2.10.0-1
gnome-vfsmm26-devel-2.10.0-1
gtkmm24-2.6.2-2
gtkmm24-devel-2.6.2-2
gtkmm24-docs-2.6.2-2
libglademm24-2.6.0-1
libglademm24-devel-2.6.0-1
libgnomecanvasmm26-2.10.0-1
libgnomecanvasmm26-devel-2.10.0-1
libgnomemm26-2.10.0-1
libgnomemm26-devel-2.10.0-1
libgnomeuimm26-2.10.0-1
libgnomeuimm26-devel-2.10.0-1

configure is looking for libgnomemm-2.0, etc. Please see below.
Apparently there is a major discrepancy between glademm and the stable
gnome/gtkmm. Is this project still active? My work depends on it, as I
have fairly complex GUIs to build, and I'm willing to try to make it work
with the latest libraries, but I don't know squat about automake and
autoconf, which I think are evil. By the way, I have automake-1.9.5-1 and
autoconf-2-59-5, but I don't think that's the problem.

Please help! Thanks!

checking for gnome-- 1.x version (not needed)... ./configure: line 20873:
gnome-config: command not found gnome-config not found Package
libgnomemm-2.0 was not found in the pkg-config search path. Perhaps you
should add the directory containing `libgnomemm-2.0.pc' to the
PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable No package 'libgnomemm-2.0' found
Package libgnomeuimm-2.0 was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `libgnomeuimm-2.0.pc' to
the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable No package 'libgnomeuimm-2.0'
found
Package libbonobomm-2.0 was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `libbonobomm-2.0.pc' to
the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable No package 'libbonobomm-2.0'
found
Package libbonobouimm-2.0 was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `libbonobouimm-2.0.pc' to
the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable No package 'libbonobouimm-2.0'
found