[glade--] problem with glademm/win32 (XP)

Hi

I am trying to build a c++ project through glade and am running into the
following problems:
if i build from glade (by pressing the button...) i get a pop-up window saying:

Error running glade-- to generate the C++ source code.
Check that you have glade-- installed and that it is in your PATH.
Then try running 'glade-- <project_file.glade>' in a terminal.

I do have glade-- installed, it is in my path, and running it in a terminal
works fine (see below). Are there more settings?

The second peoblem is that when I modify a glade-project and then try to re-run
glade-- on it, I obtain an error as well, telling me that the syntax of the
command is incorrect. It still produces the autogen.sh, configure.in etc, but it
appends _new to all filenames.
Is there a flag that I have to set?

Using:
glade 2.6.0