Re: [glade--] error of FC2 and glade--?

Murray Cumming schrieb:
Or, Anjuta should allow you to choose not to use glademm. I think that
later versions of anjuta have this option.

Or to put it positively: Choose to use libglademm instead of glademm.

It is wrong of Anjuta to suggest that glademm is necessary for gtkmm or
gnomemm development. libglademm, however, is very appropriate.

Since you keep telling people to prefer libglademm (your code) without looking at glademm (my code), I want to emphasize that both have their value, you simply have to choose. ;-)

Perhaps the following questions might help the decision (and should get onto glademm's web page):

- do you want your users to be able to modify the UI?
	yes: libglademm		no: glademm
- do you want to ship a single binary without external dependancies?
	yes: glademm		no: libglademm
  [glademm can embed icons]
- do you want compile time checking for the user interface structure?
	yes: glademm		no: libglademm

pros of libglademm
- ability to change the user interface without recompilation
- reliable gnome2 support

pros of glademm
- gives you a ready to compile project skeleton (which might use libglademm)
cons of glademm
- every change to the UI needs recompilation (and might even need modification user defined classes [new callbacks])