Re: [glade--]Install glademm on Windows

Britta Hummel schrieb:
I am a glade newbie and I would really appreciate your help. I am somewhat
confused on which glade versions to install and where to find them.

I am currently using the MinGW-C++, MSys, and Gtkmm2.0 under Windows.
Perfect. [So you should be able to compile glademm yourself without any trouble at all]

My questions are:
1. Does there exist any glademm binary running under Windows?
Did you try the one from http://home.wtal.de/petig/Gtk (it's not 100% up to date but should give you a starting point - if you need a more recent version simply tell me).

2. Does it need the MSys or Cygwin environment in order to run?
It should work with both, but I recommend using MSys or Cygwin&-mno-cygwin to get real windows applications [no unix path names etc.].

3. Do I have to install glade before installing glademm? If yes, which
version?
No, you don't have to.
Any version will do.

4. In case there isn't any glademm for Windows: Does glade (which version
then?) work with Win gtkmm2-0?
Glade does call glademm to generate gtkmm code.

   Christof

PS: Please do not forget to mark the widgets you want to access as 'protected' (visibility) otherwise you won't get a pointer to the instance.

PPS: If you need sample code http://midgard.berlios.de might give you more than you ever wanted (even for windows).

P3S: Since you are university located: Do you have any need for a minimal gtkmm application which manages index entries (Stichwortverzeichnis). I did one for another faculty because they had to integrate several external files into one book.