Re: [glade--]linkage problem

Hi Christof,

Thank you very much for your answer.

It looks very complicate to get an operating C++ development environment
using pre-compiled (RPM) libraries/software (I couldn't find the compiler
version used to compile my gtkmm package and the one coming from Ximian is
the only one I found in RPM format.). Don't you think I should better
compile these by myself? It think this could be the easiest solution to
have compatibility between the various libraries/software needed. Please
tell me if I'm wrong.

I'm waiting to read your opinion.

Regards,

Cyrille

Cyrille Bollu wrote:
> Hi all,
Hi Cyrille,

> I'm new to C++ and glade and I'm currently trying to compile my first
> application.
>
> But the following error happens at linkage:
[...]
> Then come hundreds of "undefined references".

Undefined references in C++ usually result from a mismatching
header/library combination or a g++ Version mismatch. I'd suspect that
you encountered the second problem:

  The library you try to use was compiled with an incompatible version
of the compiler compared to your program. It looks like you got your
libgtkmm from ximian, try to find out which compiler they recommend or
get a matching gtkmm package for your system.

Yes, I know this is painful, but smoke is getting less and g++ 3.2 is
coming out as the new champion (and distro spanning standard).

BTW as far as I know the following versions form incompatible groups:
  - g++ 2.95.x "former standard"
  - (I don't know exactly about g++ 2.96) "RH speciality"
  - g++ 3.0.x "never widely used"
  - g++ 3.1 "used by apple darwin"
  - g++ 3.2 "new champion" (SuSE, RH, Mandrake, debian (planned) ...)

   Christof
--------------------------------------
Cyrille Bollu - Software Development Engineer
AWTCE - Navigation Department
Tel. +32 2 389 25 14
Fax. +32 2 389 12 13
mailto:bollu awtce be

This mail, and any attachments thereto, is intended only for use by the
confidential information.
If you are not the intended recipient, please note that any review,
dissemination, disclosure, alteration, printing, copying or transmission of
this mail and/or any file transmitted with it, is strictly prohibited and
may be unlawful.
If you have received this mail by mistake, please immediately notify the
sender as well as our mail administrator at postmaster aweurope be, and
permanently destroy the original as well as any copy thereof.