Re: [glade--]linkage problem

Cyrille Bollu wrote:
Hi all,
Hi Cyrille,

I'm new to C++ and glade and I'm currently trying to compile my first
application.

But the following error happens at linkage:
[...]
Then come hundreds of "undefined references".

Undefined references in C++ usually result from a mismatching header/library combination or a g++ Version mismatch. I'd suspect that you encountered the second problem:

The library you try to use was compiled with an incompatible version of the compiler compared to your program. It looks like you got your libgtkmm from ximian, try to find out which compiler they recommend or get a matching gtkmm package for your system.

Yes, I know this is painful, but smoke is getting less and g++ 3.2 is coming out as the new champion (and distro spanning standard).

BTW as far as I know the following versions form incompatible groups:
 - g++ 2.95.x "former standard"
 - (I don't know exactly about g++ 2.96) "RH speciality"
 - g++ 3.0.x "never widely used"
 - g++ 3.1 "used by apple darwin"
 - g++ 3.2 "new champion" (SuSE, RH, Mandrake, debian (planned) ...)