Re: [glade--] Never use g++-2.95 with glademm/gtkmm2 !!! was: unable to add new members to derived class

Murray Cumming wrote:
On Tue, 2002-11-26 at 10:27, Christof Petig wrote:

Morale: If you use 2.95 and gtkmm2 never let glademm add any widget to any container (unless you do not plan to put _any_ member in the user class).
   Sigh

That seems like an over-reaction. There should be no problem if you use
a default constructor.

A default ctor for the base class IIRC.

And in glade generated code the base class takes care of creating/configuring/adding the widgets (which is of course done in the ctor, so that you can access them in your custom class ctor).

A workaround would be to use an empty ctor and call an initialization method. But I don't plan to invest my time in this ugly hack (and its documentation) (it's better invested in using g++ 3.2).

   Christof

PS: BTW, SuSE already ships 3.2, debian plans to do since August, RH should already, too, Mandrake is IIRC ...