[glade--]Re: glade-- patches

Bryan W. Headley wrote:
Christof Petig wrote:

Bryan W. Headley wrote:
 > [...]
Thank you for your valuable patch - it's already in CVS.

+ handling of button, togglebutton, radiobutton in a Toolbar

I do not agree to duplicate that code again in a new file ... does it help to register Gtk_Button as 'button'? Or are GtkButton and button that different?

That's a good religious question.

The buttons certainly have different sizing semantics (see picture). And

Oh, please do not gzip .jpgs or .pngs - they will not shrink at all. And it makes it more difficult to see them. The 34k patch had been a good candidate for zipping.

a "regular" Button has relief semantics. Translatable tooltips, stock icons seems to be shared. The icons are generally 24x24, but I have given 32x32 icons to a toolbar button without changing the overall appearance/resizing of the toolbar.

Damon told me that it's sort of a kludge, that the only way they know which behavior to give the widget is through a "secret" widget name ('button' versus 'GtkButton'). Why didn't they just call the thing a GtkToolbarButton, or GtkToolbarToggleButton is beyond me.

The crime's already been committed, but I don't know if I want to be a criminal, too :-)

I'd vote for splitting them once we see the difference in gtkmm code needed. Until then I'd vote for ignoring this C hack.

proposal: in button.cc: Gtk_Button::Gtk_Button(bool)

- Writer["GtkButton"]=this;
+ { Writer["GtkButton"]=this; Writer["button"]=this; }

I'd rather the 'button' writer be a separate object that inherits its shared functionality from GtkButton's writer. And there should be a clearcut division between the FILES and the writers contained in them.

perhaps. but I'd rather prefer to have less files. There already are so many. And if you look for a specific widget use fgrep. I even thought about putting all the buttons in one file. (but with the same class structure)

(Doesn't matter, placeholders in 2.0 never find their writer, probably because they don't have a <widget name='a_name'> tag, and end up lost in Widget's check4validity(). Makes me think the XML parser might want to ignore <placeholder/>, except that's wrong, too. Never write for today; write for tomorrow; there MAY eventually be a widget that uses the '/>' semantics that we care about...)

const_contained_iterator ignores them, now.

--oo--

This is all your fault! Since you are making me study the .glade files too closely, you get to tell me what to do with the <accessibility> attributes... The Glade C generator does something with these things.

AtkRelationSet, AtkRelationType, AtkRelation, AtkObject... Time for libgailmm :-)

I'd rather vote to have the basics work first ;-).

   Christof

PS: If things are of public interest, please post to the list so that others can benefit from your questions/insights. I'll see it no single second later.