[glade--]Re: [[gtkmm] glademm plans for deprecated widgets (2.0)]

Murray Cumming wrote:

I don't understand why you would do this. If the user puts a GtkPixmap on a
glade UI (probably not possible with glade-2) then glademm should

It IS possible to do with glade-2. If they did it, one assumes they either meant to, or perhaps they want an insensitive Pixmap.

Are there really so many existing glademm users to support? I get the
impression that lots of people are starting to use it but that they could
start to use a glademm2 instead. It seems like you'd have to do a lot of work
to support both versions at once, and the 2 APIs might not be clearly
differentiated.

There's a good question. Some of the Debian packagers are going nuts, because they don't know how long to maintain the Gnome-1 packages. Or whether they should maintain them separately for awhile, or...

--
Bryan W. Headley - bwheadley earthlink net