Re: [glade--]glademm for gtkmm2

Murray Cumming wrote:

On Sun, 2002-01-27 at 16:24, Christof Petig wrote:

I decided to start porting once gtk+2 packages (even source) for debian unstable are available (rumors exist).

It's not hard to build it from source.

Why would you need to package it?

It's just that I am too lazy to do it. Believe me, installing new packages by hand is not a too good idea if you want to use your package system for automatic upgrades to the newest packages. Unless you are very careful ... And I was not talking about only one system to maintain.

I asked on debian-gnome for gtk2 package sources, so it should be possible to use dpkg/apt-get with this.

And glade is also not fully ported to gtk2/gnome2.

But it is being developed, and it's better to discover any problems now
before it goes stable.

You're right. Well, somewhen during this week.

As long as Glade2 is half-way usable (I don't know), I think now is the
time. Later might be too late.

I'll give it a try.

  Christof

PS: It was not that hard to convince me ... but I still disregard installing from tarball as a bad advice (if you have a choice).