Re: [glade--]glademm for gtkmm2

On Sun, 2002-01-27 at 16:24, Christof Petig wrote:
> Murray Cumming wrote:
>
> > Now would be a good time to work on glademm for GTK+2/GNOME2. Has anyone
> > explored this yet?
>

> I decided to start porting once gtk+2 packages (even source) for debian
> unstable are available (rumors exist).

It's not hard to build it from source.

> I have no interest in packaging
> gnome on my own, just to get it a few hours earlier.

Why would you need to package it?

> I still remember
> the old days when I just downloaded a tarball, compiled, installed and
> was forced to reinstall the operating system or delete old manually
> installed files by hand half a year later.

This seems quite unlikely. Lots of people are using and porting to gtk+
1.3 without problems.

> And glade is also not fully ported to gtk2/gnome2.

But it is being developed, and it's better to discover any problems now
before it goes stable.

> So there are many reasons to wait just a bit. It's definitely planned.

As long as Glade2 is half-way usable (I don't know), I think now is the
time. Later might be too late.

--
Murray Cumming
murrayc usa net