Re: [glade--]glademm for gtkmm2

Murray Cumming wrote:

Now would be a good time to work on glademm for GTK+2/GNOME2. Has anyone
explored this yet?

I decided to start porting once gtk+2 packages (even source) for debian unstable are available (rumors exist). I have no interest in packaging gnome on my own, just to get it a few hours earlier. I still remember the old days when I just downloaded a tarball, compiled, installed and was forced to reinstall the operating system or delete old manually installed files by hand half a year later.

And glade is also not fully ported to gtk2/gnome2.

So there are many reasons to wait just a bit. It's definitely planned.

By the way, until recently I had no idea that glademm-list gnome org existed. You should mention it on the glademm web site.

You're right, mentioning it only inside the tarball is not the best idea.