Re: [glade--]errors using public widget macros

David Lowenfels wrote:
Hello again:
  I'm trying to show a public window from another class, using the
glademm_support macros.

Here's the code:
#include <glademm_support.hh>
#include <WIN_FFT_pre_glade.hh>

void WIN-main::on_CHK_prefilter_toggled() {
  if(CHK_prefilter->get_active()) {
    GMM_WIN_FFT_PRE->show();
  }
  else {
    GMM_WIN_FFT_PRE->hide();
  }
}

Here are the errors I'm getting:

WIN_main.cc: In method `void WIN_main::on_CHK_prefiter_toggled ()':
WIN_main.cc:30: `WIN_FFT_pre' undeclared (first use this function)
WIN_main.cc:30: (Each undecared indentifier is reported only once for
each function it appears in.)
WIN_main.cc:30: template argument 1 is invalid
WIN_main.cc:30: no matching function for call to `glademm_get (const
char[12])'
WIN_main.cc:33: template argument 1 is invalid
WIN_main.cc:33: no matching function for call to `glademm_get (const
char[12])'

What am I doing wrong? Is this related to my #include <std::string>
problem? I changed the code to #include <string> (and also the same
for <std::map>).

please read the fine manual ...

You have added callbacks which map to methods of your user class. Glade-- can not (and IMHO should not) alter your XYZ.hh, please copy the missing declaration out of XYZ.hh_new to your class.

This is not a problem related to public/private.