[Glade-users] Notebook: new page was inserted without tab

On Sat, 15 Nov 2014 12:30:13 +0900
tristan.van.berkom at gmail.com wrote:

Can you include a small glade file which reproduces this ?

Sounds like some warning from gtkbuilder, maybe with the glade fragment i can figure out what went wrong on
the glade or gtk side.

Hi Tristan,

I just figured it out...

If a page of a notebook is left empty, strange things happen:

  - The message I reported is printed ("Overriding tab label for notebook"). Once all pages are filled, the
errors disappear.

  - The filled page is assigned to the wrong page tab, not entirely intuitively: I had 3 pages, P1, P2 and
P3. P2 was empty, and the contents of P1 appeared as P2 (i.e. with the tab 'P2').

From the GUI xml, I suppose there is no real binding between the page content and
the actual pages, and this happens just by their positions in the xml file?
I know it's probably difficult to fix now, but wouldn't it be practical to
group the the page contents/tab/... in a 'page' element? Rather, was there a
reason not to do it?

It seems there's some discussion around this:

http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/library/x-eleord/  (and others)

John