[Glade-users] Project file format

On Fri, Oct 14, 2011 at 1:57 PM, Arun p das <arunpdasuit at gmail.com> wrote:
Thank you for reply. i just started with my project in glade
?Is it possible to convert my entire project to GtkBuilder.

Yes, start up Glade and load your project in libglade format.

Hit CNTL+P (this is also available in the menus) to pop up
the project properties dialog.

Choose GtkBuilder format... this will cause the project to
convert... after this point you should check that all your
widgets are still in place, some of them may have changed
types or be setup differently in GtkBuilder format.

Then save it in GtkBuilder format and move on.

For best results use Glade 3.8, also consider using
Glade 3.10, GTK+3 and pygobject for the python bindings.

Please remember to 'reply-all' and keep the mailing list on CC, thanks.

??? This was one sample program i run

import pygtk

pygtk.require("2.0")

import gtk

class TutorialApp(object):

def __init__(self):

builder = gtk.Builder()

builder.add_from_file("1.xml")

builder.connect_signals({ "on_window_destroy" : gtk.main_quit })

self.window = builder.get_object("window1")

self.window.show()

if __name__ == "__main__":

app = TutorialApp()

gtk.main()

Everytime is it needed to convert the glade file to xml format with this

gtk-builder-convert 1.glade 1.xml

if i am using GtkBuilder

On Fri, Oct 14, 2011 at 10:09 PM, Tristan Van Berkom