[Glade-users] Running glade 3.10.

On Sun, 10 Apr 2011 15:40:02 +0900
Tristan Van Berkom <tristanvb at openismus.com> wrote:

And this is a linux distro you're compiling on ?

The distro is Slackware64 13.1, though I did update several items to
-current to be able to compile the last Anjuta and glade versions.

But I think the problem lies here... I found these definitions in the
environment:

GLADE_CATALOG_PATH=:/usr/share/glade3/catalogs
GLADE_MODULE_PATH=:/usr/lib64/glade3/modules
GLADE_PIXMAP_PATH=:/usr/share/glade3/pixmaps
LIBGLADE_MODULE_PATH=:/usr/lib64/libglade/2.0

I don't think they are necessary, as everything is installed in the
default locations, _and_ I suppose they are ones confusing glade-3.0.0.

I can't remember adding these manually to initrc, wouldn't have left the ':'
and I normally wouldn't do so without adding any comment. But maybe it
was a moment of weakness ;)

Removed them, and both glade 3.8 and 3.10 start up, be it still with some
warnings:

$ glade
GladeUI-Message: No displayable values for property GtkMessageDialog::message-type
GladeUI-Message: 1 missing displayable value for AnjutaVcsStatusTreeView::status-codes
GLib-GIO-Message: Using the 'memory' GSettings backend.  Your settings will not be saved or shared with other
applications.

$ glade-3
GladeUI-Message: No displayable values for property GtkToolPalette::icon-size
GladeUI-Message: No displayable values for property GtkToolItemGroup::ellipsize
GladeUI-Message: No displayable values for property GtkToolItemGroup::header-relief

(glade-3:8129): GladeUI-WARNING **: Adaptor class for 'XfceTitledDialog' already defined

... but at least they both seems to work.

Cheers,
John