[Glade-users] Running glade 3.10.

On Sun, Apr 10, 2011 at 1:56 PM, Tristan Van Berkom
<tristanvb at openismus.com> wrote:
On Sun, 2011-04-10 at 11:45 -0300, John Coppens wrote:
On Sat, 09 Apr 2011 11:00:31 +0900
Tristan Van Berkom <tristanvb at openismus.com> wrote:

GLADE_MODULE_PATH env
var also allows this path to be defined at run time.

That doesn't seem to be the entire solution:

$ GLADE_MODULE_PATH=/usr/lib64/glade glade

No, I was a little suspicious that your GLADE_MODULE_PATH may have
been to blame for loading the old modules which link to GTK+.

John, did you perhaps miss the 'lib64' arguments you need to pass to configure ?

Typically I configure like this:

./configure --prefix=/opt/devel --libdir=/opt/devel/lib64
LDFLAGS=-L/opt/devel/lib64

Otherwise Glade would have dumped the libs into /opt/devel/lib/glade/modules...

FWIW I just tried installing the tarball on my computer and had no problems :-/

The problem seems to have occurred at the time Glade was compiled,
on linux platforms the search path comes from the $prefix (this is
why I suspected maybe you compiled from a git master that may have
been previously configured for glade-3-8 branch, thus getting the
prefix wrong somehow).

Perhaps the problem is in the tarball, maybe there is a config.h in
the tarball that was badly generated on my computer ? although I doubt
that happens with make distcheck...

I'll try compiling the tarball itself here and see if I get any
problems...

FWIW the module path should be "/usr/lib64/glade/modules" and
not "/usr/lib64/glade", however that should not be the right
fix (the module path is generally for apps/libs that can install
additional plugins for Glade).

Cheers,
? ? ? ?-Tristan

(glade:29865): GladeUI-WARNING **: Failed to open catalog directory '': Error opening directory '': No
such file or directory

(glade:29865): GladeUI-CRITICAL **: Unable to load module 'gladegnome' from any search paths
GladeUI-Message: No displayable values for property GtkWidget::halign
GladeUI-Message: No displayable values for property GtkWidget::valign

(glade:29865): GladeUI-WARNING **: Could not find glade_gtk_box_get_internal_child in
/usr/lib64/glade/modules/libgladegtk.so or in global namespace

(glade:29865): GladeUI-WARNING **: Instantiatable class 'GtkBox' built without a 'generic-name'

(glade:29865): GladeUI-WARNING **: Could not find glade_gtk_window_deep_post_create in
/usr/lib64/glade/modules/libgladegtk.so or in global namespace

(glade:29865): GladeUI-WARNING **: Could not find glade_gtk_menu_item_write_child in
/usr/lib64/glade/modules/libgladegtk.so or in global namespace

(glade:29865): GladeUI-WARNING **: Could not find glade_gtk_image_menu_item_add_child in
/usr/lib64/glade/modules/libgladegtk.so or in global namespace

(glade:29865): GladeUI-WARNING **: Could not find glade_gtk_image_menu_item_remove_child in
/usr/lib64/glade/modules/libgladegtk.so or in global namespace

(This goes on and on...)

There are also complaints about missing symbols and info on ?xfce_heading_get_type, gnome_canvas_get_type,
gnome_druid_get_type, AnjutaVcsStatusTreeView, etc...

John

Glade-users maillist ?- ?Glade-users at lists.ximian.com