[Glade-users] envoking 'activate' signal

Thanks,
Now a similar question about _activate handler.
In my code I have _activate and _focus_out_event handlers. In the _activate handler I added some validity
checks and want to do the same checks in the _focus_out_event. My question is, can I call simply call
_activate handler from my _focus_out_event handler?
Here is a sample code:
on_entry1_activate (GtkEntry *entry, gpointer user_data) {

   /* I have validity checks here */
}

on_entry1_focus_out_event (GtkWidget *widget, GdkEventFocus *event, gpointer user_data) {

  /* I want to do the same validity checks that were done in _activate handler */

  on_entry1_activate (GTK_ENTRY(widget), user_data); /* this seems to work, but is it a proper way to do it?
*/
}

Thanks.