[Glade-users] working with fixed widgets

In Glade I created a few windows each having a fixed container and a few few fields inside. In my python
code, I create few labels manually, like this:
myLabel = gtk.Label("This is label")
fixed.put(myLabel, 10, 200)
myLabel.show()

When I .hide() the window that has manually created fields, do those fields get destroyed? I thought they
wouldn't, but when I  .show() the window again and do myLabel.set_label("New Text") without doing myLabel =
gtk.Label(), it complaints that myLabel is referenced before assignment. Does it mean manually created labels
get destroyed when window they are in becomes hidden via .hide() ?

Thanks,
Arthur.