[Glade-users] ComboBoxEntry validation

On Tue, Nov 9, 2010 at 3:01 AM, Arthur Shats <ashats at hotmail.com> wrote:
But my drop down list is built with gtk.ListStore and I
use?.set_model.?Doesn't ListStore?have any methods that would help in
validation? I found this on the web:
"The tree models derived from gtk.GenericTreeModel are protected from
problems with out of date gtk.TreeIter objects because gtk.TreeIter objects
are automatically checked for validity with the tree model."
But I don't know how to make use of it. Whould this help in validation
comboBoxEntry entries agains the drop down list?

The validity of a GtkTreeIter in a GtkTreeModel just means that the iter
has not gone out of date... iters are created by the model and they are
temporal... when the model changes... any iters that you've stored
become invalid.

Thanks,
Arthur.

Date: Sat, 6 Nov 2010 11:57:17 +0900
Subject: Re: [Glade-users] ComboBoxEntry validation
From: tristan.van.berkom at gmail.com
To: ashats at hotmail.com
CC: glade-users at lists.ximian.com

You need to catch the signal fired when the user types the ENTER key
("activate" I believe) and do the check yourself.

On Sat, Nov 6, 2010 at 1:58 AM, Arthur Shats <ashats at hotmail.com> wrote:
For comboBoxEntry fields that have a drop down list, is there a built-in
functionality to validate the input against the drop down list (so only
items from the list could be typed in) or I have to write my own
validation
check. I don't want to use comboBox instead of comboBoxEntry because I
want
the user to be able to start typing and then use EntryCompletion.

Thanks much,
Arthur.

Glade-users maillist ?- ?Glade-users at lists.ximian.com

Glade-users maillist ?- ?Glade-users at lists.ximian.com