[Glade-users] toolbar without edit menu

On Mon, Mar 8, 2010 at 11:39 AM, gilles <bermudos at free.fr> wrote:
Hello all

Pleased and hope my poor English to be forgiven.

I tried to get a working toolbar with 3.6.7 in gnome GNU Linux since a
while. I thought about a solution. Bellow the procedure:

Hi, I think I understand what you are going through.

Initally a GtkToolbar takes no space as it has no default
children (I guess the menubar takes care of this by adding
stock menus for the user to remove/add to).

So: Add the toolbar, then right-click the "toolbar entry in the
inspector treeview" (not in the workspace where it cant be seen
due to its size of 0).

Then once in the toolbar editor; add a toolitem and it will
gain space in your UI.

- Add a 4 ranges vertical box in a blank window
- Add the menu for the first
- Let the 2nd free
- Add a fixed in the third
- And finally a status-bar in the last range.

In the toolbar placed here, it is possible to right click on it and
access the "Edit..." item, so place buttons and then cut-paste the
toolbar on it's 2nd range vbox. And it works. If I want to edit it
again, it works after this trick, I have my "Edit..." menu without doing
more. And voila.

If I try to place the toolbar in good place yet and without this, I
don't access to the "Edit..." function by right-click from the mouse.

I hope to not lazy a probably topic on this because I just started to
program again since glade 1.0 ... uh ! all is fine now; code::block in a
desktop, glade in another one and all is working pretty fine.

your's;

gilles

Glade-users maillist ?- ?Glade-users at lists.ximian.com