[Glade-users] XML to Source Code?

On Wed, Feb 24, 2010 at 10:22 PM, Jianchun Zhou <jianchun.zhou at gmail.com> wrote:
Thank you very much.

Here in my glade file there is a object of type GtkWindow, Now I want to
replace it with another object of type

GtkMyWindow which inherits from GtkWindow.

What should I do?

Few things you could do; first start with this:
    http://people.gnome.org/~tvb/testcatalog.xml

Thats an example of a catalog that spoofs a type
with minimal effort and even adds a propery virtually using the xml catalog
format; put it in a directory and fire up Glade with:

GLADE_CATALOG_PATH=~/my_directory glade-3

You can also get Glade to load and introspect your window's properties
and automatically put them in the editor; which is a matter of telling
the same xml catalog where to load the library with your widget inside.

For more information make sure you flip through the first few chapters of:
    http://library.gnome.org/devel/gladeui/3.6/

Note that after the type is encoded in the glade file then GtkBuilder should
be able to dynamically load your object at run time simply by name.

Thanks.

On Thu, Feb 25, 2010 at 11:06 AM, Tristan Van Berkom