[Glade-users] Newbe problem with tutorial example

Hi.

A url reference is:
http://www.micahcarrick.com/12-24-2007/gtk-glade-tutorial-part-1.html

You've given me a clue that the tutorial isn't worth s__t which is very
helpful. :-) The gtk-builder-convert bothered me but remember, I'm new to
this.

This tutorial is really nice actually, but has been a bit outdated
since Glade3-3.6 was released. Glade3-3.4 series that this tutorial
uses saved in libglade format and in order to use this file with
GtkBuilder, one needs to convert it using gtk-builder-convert into
GtkBuilder project. Micah did a really good job back then steering
people away from deprecated libglade towards GtkBuilder and it's
really not fair to call his tutorial not being worth s__t.

<snipped>
?<widget class="GtkWindow" id="window1">
<snipped>
? ?window = GTK_WIDGET (gtk_builder_get_object (builder, "window"));
<snipped>

As Tristan said, you have a name mismatch between interface file and C
code. Your main window is named "window1" in XML file and "window" in
C code. You probably missed a step in tutorial where main window is
renamed from default "window1" to "window".

Tadej

--
Tadej Borov?ak
tadeboro.blogspot.com