[Glade-users] Solaris 10 - Which Glade Version to Use?

On 22 Apr 2010, at 06:07, Dan Moore wrote:

I'm running Solaris 10 and using Sun Studio 12.

What version of Glade can I expect to work with the Java Desktop System provided by Sun?

Solaris 10 already ships with glade-2 -- it's called 'Interface Editor' on the Launch menu.  If it's not
there, you may need to re-install it from your installation media.

Note that JDS in Solaris 10 is still based on GNOME 2.6, and ships with gtk+ 2.4.9, so it's unlikely that any
much newer version of Glade will work without building a lot of the newer stack yourself.

Cheeri,
Calum.

--
CALUM BENSON, Interaction Designer     Sun Microsystems Ireland
mailto:calum.benson at sun.com            OpenSolaris Desktop Team