[Glade-users] Doubt regarding including library's And simple calculator

On Thu, 2009-11-05 at 02:09 +0530, mahesh sobale wrote:
Hello All,

        I am new to this mailing list and also just started using
glade3.I want to build simple calculator

I assume it is just for an exercise? There are tons of calculators
(simple and advanced alike) are already written in all sorts of
programming languages.

by glade3 and c language. I have already spend lots of days on doing
this work but not much help
is available on net . I have already gone through links like

http://www.micahcarrick.com/12-24-2007/gtk-glade-tutorial-part-1.html

but unable  to proceed further .........So any help on this will be
greatly appreciated.

Main Problems:

1>file not found gtk/gtk.h and glade/glade.h i know that i should
install library's like libgtk2.0-dev, libgtk2.0-doc
    How to install this........i tried it but not worked......

It depends what operating system you're using.

2>I want to use libglade in this not gtk_builder_convert so how to
go............

Why in the world you want to use deprecated library for a new project?
Besides you do not need any gtk_builder_convert whatever it is. You can
switch the file format directly within glade.

3>I have developed all gui required for calculator i just want to add
signal handler to them
    so i have to write some c file and interface it with my glade file
how to do this........

It's not clear what exactly your question is. The third part of the
tutorial you mentioned explains the whole process in great detail. In
case you insist on using deprecated libraries like libglade, then take a
look at an older tutorial on that same website:
http://www.micahcarrick.com/03-02-2006/gnome-programming-tutorial.html

4>Again one important one if I click 9 button i have to display it in
display box......

It depends on what your "display box" is. If it's a GtkEntry, then you
can call gtk_editable_insert_text() from your button callback handler.

remember i have to do it in libglade.................

Please help me, I require this .......Thank for help in advance.

Thanx,
Mahesh.

Glade-users maillist  -  Glade-users at lists.ximian.com