[Glade-users] Comboboxtext in Glade3

Well, really there is no GtkComboBoxText, its just a convenience
api in GtkComboBox that you can use... it basically just assumes
a liststore with a single column of type G_TYPE_STRING and
then the set_text append_text and all just go through the liststore
api.

There doesnt seem to be a point to making a builder construct
that gives you a combobox as combobox_text(), since Glade should
be able set it up in a way that you should only need to access the
combo boxes liststore.

I think that Glade should by default create comboboxes with a new
liststore with 1 string column and one text cell renderer then let the user
build on that, would you agree this would make things less confusing ?

On Tue, May 19, 2009 at 9:25 AM, BalaKrishna Kolluru