[Glade-users] Difference rendering with widget copied from libglade to Gtk.Builder

HI -- I have a widget that I am converting from libglade to
Gtk.Builder.  It basically works, after the necessary code mods, but
differs in that the new one renders much wider than the old one.  I've
attached the two definitions in question and the screenshots from
glade-3 and the application.  I'd like to know why the Builder version
appears wider in glade-3 and why the bottom row of the vbox appears
_beside_ the top row as well as why the Builder version appears much
wider in the application itself and of course, what I can do to
restore the original appearance, both in glade-3 and in the
application.

libglade version: http://pastebin.com/m133f20e5
Gtk.Builder version: http://pastebin.com/m6946fc58

libglade screenshot in glade-3: http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=Pq1kyGKr