[Glade-users] Creating Notebook Tab Pages

On Sun, Mar 22, 2009 at 9:30 PM, Don Mies <don.mies at cox.net> wrote:
I'm sure this is very elementary stuff but I'm completely new to GTK+
and Glade...

I'm trying to create a notebook container. ?The container itself is easy
and very straightforward but I have not been able to create the child
pages for the tabs. ?I've searched everything I can think of with no luck.

Once I have the notebook created with it's tabs, how does one associate
a child (window or frame or whatever) to that tab so that switching tabs
changes the display?

So far, everything I've tried has associated the new object with all of
the tabs (i.e. switching tabs has no effect). ?I suspect that it's
actually not associated with any of the tabs but you get the idea.

Did you add content to all the pages in the notebook ?

or are you creating a notebook in Glade that you want
to populate the pages at runtime ?

If the latter, then you should at least add some container
to the notebook pages in Glade (i.e. just add them inline
to the gray placeholder widgets), then get those pages
by name and add your dynamic widgets to those containers.