[Glade-users] radio buttons

On Tue, 2009-06-23 at 08:56 -0400, Kirsten Gutri wrote:

On Tue, Jun 23, 2009 at 1:45 PM, Kirsten
Gutri<kirithebrave at hotmail.com> wrote:
Is there a way to have a group of radio buttons that start of with
none of
them selected but that still will only allow one selected at a
time?

 The only way that I've discovered of doing this is to have an
 invisible button in the group, and have that one selected by default.

Great idea, will try that out. Thanks!

Just a suggestion. You can replace a group of radio buttons with a
single combo box. It serves the same purpose, has default state when
nothing is selected, takes less screen space, and is very flexible (you
can change/add/remove items directly in your code). In case having all
your items to be visible on screen at once is your requirement, you can
also use a tree view, with the benefit of being able to scroll through
the options when there are too many of them. In short, if it takes too
much work, you're probably not using the right tool. I wouldn't
recommend radio buttons for anything but simplest fixed two-three option
selection.