[Glade-users] GtkWarning: gtk_button_box_set_child_secondary: assertion `child->parent == GTK_WIDGET (widget)' failed

On Mon, 2009-07-27 at 16:33 -0400, Gerald Britton wrote:

OK.  Got 3.6.7.  Still has that prompt on startup for preferences I
see.  I really think that should not popup unless you start a new
glade file.

It actually creates a new glade file on start, so it is logical to pop
up the dialog. The only flaw is that the dialog named as "Preferences"
when its function is really something like "project properties".
Preferences usually used for application-wide settings and should be
remembered between sessions, so there's no need to pop up the dialog
each time. This way preferences dialog should not affect the currently
open project(s), but there should be similar dialog somewhere under the
"File" menu ("properties"/"project setup"/"format" or something like
that), which would affect the current project.

By the way, speaking of project properties. I've noticed that changing
the file format to GtkBuilder seems to work differently in the "Save As"
dialog as opposed to the "Preferences" dialog. If you change the format
from the Preferences dialog, it converts such properties as Tooltips,
but if you change the format just before saving from Save As dialog it
simply reports the errors without any attempts to recover. Moreover, the
old tooltips after that are grayed out and ain't selectable, so you
can't just copy them by hand... I think most people would naturally try
to convert their old files through Save As dialog and get frustrated
that it can't do proper conversion.