[Glade-users] how to give effects to widgets in glade-3

On Thu, Jul 16, 2009 at 4:33 AM,
prathamesh<prathamesh.musicguitar at gmail.com> wrote:
*hi all,

i am prathamesh,

i am using glade-3 on ubuntu 9.04.

currently i am working on project in which we r using glade to design
the interface & project is developed on python language

i wanted to give effects to the widgets in interface like making rounded
courners of button, or other widgets like that

so can anyone know how to do it.

or anyone have any tutorials regarding to that.

Hi,
   Unfortunately the answer for that question is we simply arent
there yet.

The GtkBuilder format could be extended to handle attributes
such as widget background colors and other details that "play nicely"
with the current theme, or even override elements in the theme
on a per widget basis but this would require:
   a.) a good consensus on how do to this without breaking themes
        (i.e. apps targetting the GNOME desktop would probably not be
        allowed to use some of these features because of possible
theming conflicts).
   b.) someone to step up and volunteer to do all the work.

For now, if you want a custom appearance you should really look into
parsing your own gtkrc.

Currently you can skin widgets in your project on a class-wide basis but
you can also skin a widget by name, which is as specially useful at
the application level (just still not integrated in Glade though).