[Glade-users] Path for a GtkImage in the Glade user interface designer

Tristan Van Berkom wrote:
On Tue, Feb 10, 2009 at 5:16 PM, dhk <dhkuhl at optonline.net> wrote:
This is in regard to the Glade user interface designer.  When I use the
GtkImage object, on the General Tab there is an entry for the File Name.
 Why does the image file always have to be in the current directory?  I
would like to keep all my images in a subdirectory, but whenever I put a
path in with the file name after saving and restarting Glade the path is
gone and it's just the file name.  Is there a way to keep the images in
there own directory and have the path saved in the .glade file with the
file name?

What version of Glade do you run ? I assume you are running stable 3.4,
in stable 3.6 (soon) you will have the option to keep them in a
separate directory
for the Glade runtime, and also specify relative or fullpaths in the actual
Glade file (the basename is always used to be looked up in the per project
resource directory).

Its currently only available in unstable Glade though sorry.

Thanks, I'm looking forward to version 3.6.