[Glade-users] Researching embedded linux graphics subsystems

I'm reasearching various graphics subsystems for an embedded linux
application on the Atmel at61sam9263 device. I had a recommendation to use
glade but the developer was not sure if the subsystem was sell suited to
embedded systems. I'm looking for feedback from the user community on a few
questions.

1. Is glade suitable for embedded systems?
2. Is glade still active? I see the last release of 3.0 was in 2006.

John