[Glade-users] Modifer keys and text view

oops looks like this draft was never sent, better late than never...

Hi,
    Glade will not add unexpected accelerators if thats what you are asking.

There is a gotcha though, if you DO want keyboard accelerators in your
app, that should be possible, only currently accelerators take precedence
to the widgets in the application recieving events, so - to work around this
we have a hack in play (some apps use this, glade actually uses it so that
delete/cntl-c/cntl-v etc. works both as accelerators to copy/paste widgets and
also works in text entries in the property editor).

Basically if you want both, you need to catch the toplevel window's
key-press-event, manually feed the event to the focused window and
then pass the event back to the window if the focused widget didnt
handle the event - example of this can be found here:
  http://svn.gnome.org/viewvc/glade3/trunk/src/glade-window.c?view=markup
(see the hijack_key_press() function)