[Glade-users] creating popup dialog using glade

Hi,
I am new to glade3 and gtk programming.
My practice program use a main window and upon open one of the menu
item, a pop dialog display to user.
I use glade to design both the UI for main window and the popup dialog.
The program runs ok, but I got the following error message at run-time.

gtk_tree_row_reference_new: assertion `GTK_IS_TREE_MODEL (model)' failed

Is it an error?

I like the idea of using glade3, any other idea to implement such a
program? is UI manager a good approach too?

thanks,
Frank,