[Glade-users] A click-less interface

On Mon, Nov 3, 2008 at 3:27 PM, BalaKrishna Kolluru
<balakkvj at dcs.shef.ac.uk> wrote:
Hello all,
            So here is the problem and any suggestions are welcome.

I am building a click-less interface, driven by an automatic speech
recogniser.
When I run my main function, I load the appropriate glade file, get the
input from the speech recogniser, load the appropriate widget.
To show the window, I use Gtk::Main::run().  But the problem is the speech
recogniser is kept on hold as this function waits for a return when the
window is stopped.

Try reading this thoroughly:
http://library.gnome.org/devel/gtk/stable/gtk-General.html

Remember that the only thing that usually follows "gtk_main()"
is "return" or "exit()" - this is event based programming, you are
not to control your program flow at all :)